Temporary closure of hiking trails
Thursday, July 26, 2012
A spokesman for the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) today (July 26) announced that due to landslides and fallen trees, some hiking trails and country park facilities are now temporarily closed until further notice. They include:
* Fung Hang Family Walk, Plover Cove Country Park
* Wilson Trail Stage 7 (near Shing Mun Reservoir) , Shing Mun Country Park
* Tai Lam Forest Track between Twisk section and Tin Fu Tsai section, Tai Lam Country Park
* Tai Mong Tsai Bicycle Track, Sai Kung West Country Park
* Tai Mong Tsai Barbecue Area Site No 10, Sai Kung West Country Park
* Part of Peel Rise, Aberdeen Country Park
AFCD is arranging clean-up and repair works for the affected areas. Notices have been posted at the entrance of the affected trails, notice boards of country parks and visitors centres to remind hikers not to use these trails or facilities for safety reasons. Updated information will be available at the department's website (www.hkwalkers.net/pathinfo/announcement_eng.php).
The spokesman advised hikers to check weather conditions and plan the route carefully before setting out. Always go hiking in the company of others and with a leader who is familiar with the route. Avoid hiking in unsettled weather.
If members of the public find other trails or facilities affected by landslides or fallen trees, please call 1823 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the AFCD.